Ir al contenido principal

3rd. Interviewing Haneen Almousa from My Gym


Haneen Almousa is a Kuwaiti mother and hardworker, owner of the franchise My Gym children's fitness center in Kuwait.
1. When did you started noticing that there was a lack of spaces for kids to enjoy and do exercise at a time?
I noticed the lack of professional places for kids as my two girls started to get older, Mariam now 11 years old and Amal 9 years old. I thought to myself instead of complaining I should do something about it and that's when I started researching for the best children's program. I instantly fell in love with the My Gym program! I flew to the USA and did my training in California and also gave classes in their local gyms. For my staff, head of the My Gym training flew into Kuwait to train my staff. No matter how highly qualified you are in the fitness field you must undergo the My Gym training. We opened My Gym in Kuwait in July 2009.

2. I can imagine how many dads and mums enjoy taking their kids to MY GYM, how are the feedbacks you receive?
The smiling faces and positive feedback we get from parents and kids is the fuel that keeps us going. It makes all the hard work worth while when you know your making a difference in these children's lives which will last a lifetime. The following are some of the feedback we got in writing from parents and teachers.
"Thank you very much , it was more than a great experience, my daughter loved it soooo much"
"I love it, my daughter still talking about that day she spent at your gym to all her friends"
"My Dana love it so much, she will come back in summer nchalla"
"Dear My Gym, We had a fabulous time. Thanks a million! from 1C - BBS"
"Dear Haneen, Tears came to my eyes I am so happy to see my children so joyful. Thank you - Valerie"
"Thank you My Gym for a wonderful experience!from your friends in KG2 BBS"
"To everyone at 'My Gym',
"All the BBS Grade One classes had a 'blast' at the gym. It's so clean, with a well organized, age appropriate program and to top it all, your staff were truly wonderful with the students. A place where both the students AND the teachers had a wonderful time; thank you!
Regards,
Lorraine - Grade 1 Team Leader"
A teacher from The British School of Kuwait (BSK) told us this was the best school trip they have ever had!

3. That will make you feel very proud. There is a MY Gym in Discovery Centre with a lot of success is this making you think of opening another MY GYM´s along the year?
I have had requests to open another branch and it is in my future plans, but not now. Currently I am focusing on giving the best quality classes ever!

4. You have received a very important prize from the GCC "Owner of Best Small Business in Kuwait" ,Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi. This makes you feel that now the requirement level is higher?
This prestigious award is a result of the high quality fitness classes offered at My Gym, age appropriate programs, low student/teacher ratio and the awesome professional friendly staff we have. It has always been our mission to offer high quality age appropriate classes. Cleanliness is of the utmost importance. Whether attending the first class of the week or the last, you will find the facility spotless!


5. What can a Kid do in MY GYM?
My Gym offers an extraordinary program and facility devised to help children 6 weeks to 13 years of age develop physically, cognitively and emotionally.
Its structured, age-appropriate, non-competitive weekly classes incorporate music, dance, relays, games, special rides, gymnastics, sports and other original activities. My Gym Kids have so much fun as they gain strength, balance, coordination, fine and gross motor proficiency, agility, flexibility and social skills.
My Gym also offers a professional Art class for children 3.3 to 7 years old. My Gym Art called Learn, Create and Explore (LCE) is the perfect class for children who love art and the world of imagination! Each week, children LEARN something new about an artist, an art concept, a foreign country, or another fascinating subject – CREATE individual masterpieces around that lesson – and EXPLORE through additional Free-Art experiences and physical activity.
My Gym offers Parent Participation classes such as Little Bundles for ages 6 weeks to 6 months, Tiny Tykes 7 to 13 months, Waddlers 14 to 22 months, Gymsters 23 months to 2.5 years and Terrific Tots for ages 2.5 to 3.3 years.
Independent Gym classes are Mighty Mites for ages 3.3 to 4.5 years, Whiz Kids 4.5 to 6 years, Champions 6 to 8 and Cardio Kids 8 to 13 years.
Sessions are 12 weeks long and children come twice a week to the gym for one structured class and one free play. Cardio kids come to two structured classes. The 12 week membership fee is KD 150 with a one time international membership fee of KD 25. No annual membership fees. Sibling discounts are also available.
The set-up of the gym changes every week to create a fresh new look for our kids all year long and no two days at My Gym are ever the same!
My Gym also offers Awesome Birthday Parties, Hip Hop classes, Karate/Martial Arts training, Parent’s Night Out, Camp, seasonal Camps and All Star Sports Program.
At My Gym your child plays the starring role in the best Birthday Party in Town! Our two-hour birthday program and music is custom made to fit your child’s age group and interest, our goal is to make sure everyone has a blast – parents and children alike!
My Gym seasonal camps are simply the best! My Gym offers Winter, Spring, Summer and Ramadan Camp. Children participate in energizing fitness games, noncompetitive gymnastics, arts and crafts, music and so much more.
Each camp program is uniquely designed to keep you children moving and active as we emphasize physical development and personal success. Our fitness and art programs change daily, so no two camp days at My Gym are ever the same.
With nearly 200 locations worldwide, My Gym Children’s Fitness Centers is successfully reaching parents and kids alike with an empowering message of fitness for life. Every day My Gym is educating parents – and helping combat childhood obesity.
Body awareness, teamwork concepts and valuable sports skills are gained naturally, as children advance through the classes. Perhaps the most important contribution My Gym will make to your child’s well-being is a greater level of confidence needed to become healthy young adults.
Guests are offered a FREE trial class. Come join the fun and give your child an experience of a lifetime!
My Gym is open Saturday to Thursday 10am to 7pm. We close on Friday.

6.How do you think tecnology is helping the developement of your business? Fb, blogs, web pages you think are necessary for My GYM?.

Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and blogs are very important to any business. It gives you access to a lot of people who might not see your ad in the daily newspaper or magazines. It also allows easy interaction with your current members and attracts new members. You can post photos and updates in a convenient manner.
Like us on Facebook follow us on twitter@mygymkuwait or email us on mygymkuwait@yahoo.com. Our website is www.mygym.com and Tel: 99114373




Note: We are currently running a special for teachers. If they enroll for classes now they will get free membership this offer expires May 31st 2012. They can book now for their September classes and save KD 25. I will attach the poster if you want to use it.






Comentarios

  1. Hola,

    Aquí estoy y me parece muy interesante este tema, porque no montan uno en Bilbao??

    Besos
    Ana S.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Encantada de leer tus comentarios. Siempre hacen bien.

Entradas populares de este blog

Concierto al aire libre en Bayt Lothan Nov 2013

El 20 de Noviembre en Bayt Lothan ( al lado de Marina Mall) concierto al aire libre. Las entradas cuestan 10kd si las compras por anticipado y 12kd si te gusta el riesgo y quieres pagar mas y encontrar sitio. Mas información aquí . Por lo que me dijeron el año pasado estuvo genial, concierto sobre peras-sofa, ambiente único en Kuwait.

Olímpicas en Londres | Olympics in London

Llevo varios días viendo la misma campaña de publicidad de la revista Marie Claire y ha sido mi hijo A* el que me ha contado que la prota era una de las dos mujeres que han representado a Kuwait en las olimpiadas de 2012 en Londres. Faye Sultan es la primera mujer en ir a las olimpiadas para la prueba de 50 mts libre de natación. U ltimó su entrenamiento en el centro de alto rendimiento de Calella donde se grabó esta entrevista . Creo que quedó séptima. La chica es mona y la verdad es que el departamento de producción ha hecho un gran trabajo. Seguro que habéis visto su video del making off  en NYC en todas las pantallas del país, y digo pantallas por que aquí la publicidad por todas partes se ofrece en movimiento a través de pantallas de tv (Leds, supongo). La moza tiene 18 años y mide 1.82 mts así que podría dedicarse a esto si con la natación o la universidad donde ha empezado este año no le va bien. Os dejo una imagen de ella entrando al estadio olímpico donde la veo inclu

Spanish fashion in Kuwait | Moda Española en Kuwait II parte

As we discussed in previous post, the Spanish fashion has a big representation here. Once again, the Inditex group is in all world and markets but "Not only of Zara can the human being dress", right? Companies such as Condor have been installed in this country for a long time and that for moms like me who like the quality and variety of brand socks is helpful (in Baroue find them). Hoss Intropia is also in Kuwait (In The Avenues Mall) rather more expensive than in Spain but the truth is that it's good to go to the store and see the richness of the fabrics and skill in designing clothes. I have a dress that once landed in Bilbao I'll see if I can still find it and buy it.  And we are also fortunate to have Adolfo Dominguez (also in The Avenues Mall) the store is huge and has the entire collection including U the young brand. Something I realy miss is a good brand of Spanish Shoes with good prices. We are lucky to have  Pretty Ballerinas and from time to time Casta